Southwestern Chicken Salad. (To go in your cute cucumber cups!)
So at a loss of what to have the other night, Thu and I wanted the cucumber cups. But what to put in them? And how do you use your oven as little as possible?
We decided to go with just chicken salad. Until we realized the contents of our fridge included mayonnaise and chicken and no other ingredients. So we decided to look at our pin of Southwest Chicken Salad.
This is an adaption from the one on the site. I really didn’t follow the directions at all, so this is my recipe adaption:
- 2 cups shredded chicken breast (use grilled, baked or rotisserie, I used chicken boiled in water. Only thing I needed to use the oven for)
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- 2 cans of Southwestern Style Corn
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
For the Dressing:
- 1/2 – 3/4 Cup light sour cream (You could probably use greek yogurt, but it will change the taste, proceed with caution)
- 2 limes
- 3 Tbsp cilantro
- 1 tsp. salt, 1 tsp. cumin
- Make the dressing in the bottom of a large bowl. Mix the sour cream with the juice of one lime, cilantro, the cumin, salt. Mix until blended.
- Add the salad ingredients, stir well. Taste, add more lime if necessary and adjust seasoning accordingly.
And if you want to be super cute (like us), insert into cucumber cups!