How to Make Cucumber Cups
If you’re like us and you’ve turned to a life of ordering out and quick fixes for meals because the sun has evaporated your life’s meaning and self-worth, here’s an easy, summer cool-down snack from a fellow WordPresser: Cucumber Cups
Here’s what you’ll need:
…and you’re ready to go!
I’m not sure how common melon ballers are in the kitchen, but you can bet your bottom dollar that that is not something we have so I simply used a paring knife and a small spoon.
- use the knife to peel some/all of the skin from the cucumbers (more for looks than anything else)
- slice the cucumbers to make approximately 1″ tall rounds
- take the knife and cut circles into each piece (not all the way through!)
- use the spoon to scoop out the insides, creating a small cup
- fill with your filling of choice!
If you have a melon baller, obviously skip steps 3 and 4 and just scoop away with your tool that was made for perfect scooping!
We ended up filling our cups with southwestern chicken salad, which was pretty decent. Initially, we had planned to go with a more traditional chicken salad (chicken, mayo, celery, craisins), which probably would have gone better with the cucumbers but alas, we lacked the ingredients that make chicken salad more than just chicken in mayonnaise.
But you can fill your cups with just about anything! Like…
- tuna salad
- veggie dips
One last tip from the Optimal Body Balance blog was to use the scooped out parts of the cucumber to top your filling like a little hat! Adorable, right?!