Grilled Eggplant on Greens
We’re alive! Erinne and I have been all over the place lately, what with Erinne’s first year of teaching with her own classroom, me applying to grad school, and our Sundays solely dedicated to football. But, to satiate our ever-loyal readers (seriously, guys! our views have been up almost every day even with our anemic posting!), here’s something new:
Grilled Eggplant on Greens, adapted from Jacques Pepin (feeds 3 20-somethings as an appetizer):
- 2 small eggplants (approximately 1 pound)
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- 3 tbs soy sauce
- 3 tbs rice vinegar
- a few splashes of sesame oil
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- mixed greens of your choice (I prefer a nice Spring Mix myself)
And here’s all you have to do–it’s so easy!
- wash and slice the eggplant to bite-size pieces; toss in a bowl with salt & pepper and enough olive oil to coat
- grill eggplant slices until tender (we have a fancy-schmancy George Foreman grill for convenience, a real grill would probably boost this appetizer to great to amazing)
- in a small bowl, mix soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, and sugar to make the dressing
Finally, top mixed greens with grilled eggplant and dressing and enjoy!